Thursday 1 August 2013

The Serial and Audiobook Revolution by Amanda Meuwissen

Well  , Sitting and writing The e book requires  A lot of patience ...And  I am  on the Terrace of that kind of  stress .....Meanwhile , I heard about kindle serials  From many authors...And no idea how it works . But ,in my recent conversations with Amanda Meuwissen ,the author of Incubus Saga , who had launched her first book  #1 of the series into the stores  ..I came to know many things about serials and also audio books . So ,I inspired with that conversations  , I would like to bring a knew topic to you, my readers...

 The Serial and Audiobook    Revolution     by     Amanda Meuwissen

I asked her ,Do this serial thing works ? 

A big Yes !!!  From her , she started

" Many of you probably know that Charles Dickens was a serial writer—he wrote in installments, much the same way we think of comics or television shows .The father of serial editions of literary works . We all owe him  alot , for introducing such kind of new medium ,in completely new way .This serials gave rise to audio feed. We are also all aware that audio has been on the rise for books and podfics, as listening during a commute to work or while doing other tasks is often much easier than picking up a book or eReader these days ".
 That was an impressive brief answer . 


Coming to your profession Amanda , Your  book was very attractive ,even though it's a just one of the first bite .How did you get into writing actually ,do you have experience outside.?


BigWorldNetwork.com  She said  with one word replay .. 


BigWorldNetwork.Com is a young, online indie publisher .With this , in our hands as a weapon we are looking to revolutionize publishing using those two ideas: serialization and audio. 


Please Will you elaborate !!!I  really wanted to get into this  thing ..quickly..


SHE started ... " Serials, we  publish stories chapter by chapter (or episode by episode, as they refer to it) on their website first, just like a television network but in written and audio format. Each series is presented in seasons of 12 episodes at a time, wrapping up as needed to finish the story. Many then go on to be compiled into paperbacks, eBooks, and audio books for traditional publication ".
   
Have you established the community or it was early starter without your hand... ?Here she reveals her strength....

" I began with BWN by submitting my novella The Collector, which ran with the website and is now available for purchase at the site and on Amazon. I formed a close relationship with the CEO, as I had started with the company during its first months, and am now the Managing Editor, overseeing series selection and the editing process for others ". 

That's really very important stuff ,from you.....

Anything for my readers  ,the story behind the set ? 

"  Oh Yes !  It’s amazing how rewarding it is to help others realize their creative visions, whether with new authors publishing their first stories, or with seasoned veterans looking for a new outlet. Running my newest novel Incubus (Book 1 in The Incubus Saga) with the site was a natural progression, as it is my dearest creation to date, and being able to record an audiobook appealed to my old actor sensibilities; though if I had wanted an outside narrator, I had that option.  The Collector was narrator by the very talented Blaise Douros (www.blaisedouros.com/Main.html).


So you chose self - publication   for your books ..How do you feel about that ?


"  You got many questions boy !! 


BigWorldNetwork.com allowed me to have a detailed hand in the creation of my books, just as I would have had if I self-published, but without having to learn and fuss over the typesetting on my own, or seek outside cover art assistance. Everything was done for me, with my input as the final say, until I was happy with the final product. And wow, am I happy with how it all turned out, and how the story will progress as I write Book 2 and 3 of The Incubus Saga with BWN as well " .


I will Go for the second book as well in that series and hope You success in future..

Some few words to our new authors.....?

Having a publisher willing to accept all types of fiction and non-fiction, in all ratings and genres, is important when there aren’t always options for GLBT writers like myself. I can’t imagine Incubus having been brought to life anywhere else, without audio, or without the adventure of serialization. So , go and visit new ventures .. and gain some experience on everything...Test the world , as it tests you...

Thank you , Yadav Prashanth for having me on the site..And I thank , Paranormal Cravings ...Also Have a look at  my books....Waiting for your response...After all what a writer expects other than this....HMMM.

Incubus is available in paperback, eBook, and audiobook here:  

Buy Links




Contact Links


Twitter:  https://twitter.com/MissSuperCube
https://bigworldnetwork.com/site/store/incubus/ 


The Collector is available here:
 https://bigworldnetwork.com/site/store/thecollector/ 


LIKE The Incubus Saga at Facebook.com/TheIncubusSaga 

                          or
 follow me at Twitter.com/MissSuperCube.

No comments:

Post a Comment